Product photography is an essential part of any online retail business.
In the digital age, online retailers face stiff competition. With so many businesses selling similar products, it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. But there is one thing that can give online retailers a major edge: stunning product photography.
First, let’s discuss the importance of product photography.
Why is Product Photography Important?
Product photography is essential for a number of reasons. Here are five key reasons:
- It can help you attract more customers. When they are shopping online, they want to be able to see what the product looks like in real life.
- Product photography can help you increase sales. If the product images are poorly composed, lit, or otherwise low quality, customers are less likely to buy the product.
- Product photography can help you build trust with your brand. When people see high-quality product images, they are more likely to believe that your brand is credible and trustworthy. This can lead to more sales and repeat customers.
- Increase conversions. Studies have shown that high-quality product images can lead to a significant increase in conversions.
- Improve your search engine ranking. Search engines like Google use image quality as a factor in their ranking algorithms. This means that high-quality product images can help your products rank higher in search results, which can lead to more traffic and, ultimately, more sales.
Statistics suggested by some studies confirm that:
A study by BigCommerce found that businesses with high-quality product photos generate 12% more sales than businesses with low-quality product photos.
A study by Bazaarvoice found that 85% of online shoppers say that they are more likely to trust a brand with high-quality product photos.
A study by Amazon found that products with high-quality photos are 20% more likely to be purchased than products with low-quality photos.
All that is great, but if you don't have the time, expertise, or equipment to take them yourself, how do you get stunning product images?
That's where a professional photographer can help. A professional photographer can use their professional equipment, expertise in lighting, composition, and post-processing to create stunning product images that will help you sell more products.
When hiring a professional photographer for your product photography, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Decide what products you want to photograph. If you have a lot of products, you may want to start by photographing a few of your best-selling products or products that are new to your store.
- Choose a photographer who has experience in product photography. Not all photographers are created equal. When it comes to product photography, you want to choose a photographer who has experience in this specific field. A good photographer will know how to use lighting, composition, and other techniques to make your products look their best.
- Create a shot list. A shot list is a list of all the shots you want the photographer to take. This will help you stay organized and make sure that you don't forget to take any important shots.
- Discuss your budget with the photographer. Product photography can be expensive, so it's important to discuss your budget with the photographer before booking them. This will help to avoid any surprises later on.
Once you've done your preparation, you're ready to book your photo shoot with a professional photographer. Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your photo shoot:
- Be clear about your expectations. Let the photographer know what you want to achieve with the photo shoot and what your budget is.
- Provide the photographer with all the necessary information. This includes product descriptions, specifications, and other information that will help the photographer take the best possible images.
- Be patient. High-quality product photography can take time, so be patient with the photographer and let them do their job.
- Review the photos and provide feedback. Once the photographer has taken the photos, review them and provide feedback. This will help the photographer improve the photos and make sure they are perfect for your needs.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your product photography photo shoot with a professional photographer is a success.
If you are serious about your online retail business, then you should invest in high-quality product images. It is one of the best ways to improve your sales and grow your business.
In addition to high-quality product images, it is also worth considering creating videos of your products. Videos can be a great way to show off your products in action and give customers a better sense of what they are buying.
You might also find this interesting read: 8 Results-Driven Ideas for Your Video Marketing by DesignRush.